Three volunteers traveled to the Renmen Orphanage to work on an electrical project. Renmen had been without power for 3 months. With the stoves not working, they were cooking for 60 mouths with a charcoal fire. Much of the wiring had been pieced together without proper protective devices leaving exposed wiring in puddles of water. The kids were studying by candle light. George Rooney and Michael Mott from Alaska joined Doug Lubes for a week of electrical repairs. They repaired the inverters, the stoves and one of the generators. They also rewired portions of the main house, the children’s dorm and the girls’ dorm and put up fans as there is no air conditioning for the kids. The orphanage now has safe power thanks to the efforts of these three and funding from NAVMC. The project is incomplete and we are looking at another trip this fall to work on other electrical needs.